Sunday, March 28, 2010
Rev. Johan Candelin writes about the issue of persecution against Christians. For an interesting perspective on this global reality, read this:
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Jesus warned his disciples about the sort of difficulties they would face in His Name. In sending them like sheep running through a wolf pack, they would face the sufferings that He endured as the human example of the Father’s Love.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
I like the blogspot features better.
Over the next while, I will reprint articles on chaplaincy and community building.
Pass the link along to anyone you know who works in chaplaincy or faith based community initiatives.
Sunday, March 14, 2010
The old life is a grass life,
its beauty as short-lived as wildflowers;
Grass dries up, flowers droop,
God's Word goes on and on forever.
This is the Word that conceived the new life in you.
Friday, March 12, 2010
As long as you focus on self or the magnitude of the mission, you will be tempted to back away from the calling in your life. It’s important not to dramatize or catastrophize, but to think clearly and realistically about the opportunities at hand. What can you do today? Who can you reach out to? Who has God nudged you to bring hope to?
Is it so that you can feel better about yourself?
Is it to fulfill some ideal that you and Kay are "leaders with great potential," whatever that means?
Is my love for you not enough?[i]
3. Jesus said he would send us as ‘sheep among wolves’. What does that say about human nature and the difference that Jesus makes in our lives?
4. Misunderstanding is likelihood for disciples of Jesus. How does that reality affect you? Is it something that gives you a reality check or does it neutralize your willingness to be His messenger?
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Monday, March 8, 2010
Many people struggle with the need to be validated and completely accepted in each new environment. If they are not welcomed, they can feel very hurt and humiliated.
Saturday, March 6, 2010
- There are many myths about the poor (lazy, dirty, addicted, uneducated, etc). How often does your life intersect with the poor and what have been your experiences, both positive and negative?
- Have you seen a negative attitude towards the poor and marginalized expressed in your school, job, church, family?
- Debt can be an expression of poverty. What are some examples socially of people that we believe should be indebted to us? Who are the people that we might be tempted to feel better than?
- How can we ‘waste our life on the poor’? What daily decisions can you make to live this code? What about career choices?
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (104)
- ► 2014 (118)
- ► 2013 (115)
- ► 2012 (107)
- ► 2011 (118)
- THE PERSECUTION OF CHRISTIANS TODAY
- THE GOOD NEWS THAT INFURIATES GOD'S ENEMIES
- TWO HUNDRED MILLION BROTHERS AND SISTERS...
- MY OTHER BLOG - COMMUNITY CHAPLAINS
- DEBBIE THE WILDFLOWER
- LOVE IS ENOUGH
- THERE'S A REASON WHY YOU GET DANGER PAY
- DEALING WITH SLAMMED DOORS
- CAN'T LOVE GOD AND MONEY
- POOR FRIENDS CAN BE QUITE COSTLY
- QUESTIONING HOW OTHERS SPEND
- ▼ March (11)
- ► 2009 (154)